Community Safety

How to report an incident, keep safe and contact the local police team for Lawrence Weston.

Report a crime

In an emergency, if someone is in danger or a crime is in progress call 999.Cartoon police car

For non-emergencies or to report an incident after it happened, such as a burglary, call 101 or report online.

If you have information that might help the police, you can report anonymously to CrimeStoppers on 0800 555 111 or online.

Hate crime (eg race or sexual orientation) should be reported to the police or the report-it website.

Environmental crime such as fly-tipping can be reported online to Bristol City Council or CrimeStoppers.

Local police: Kingsweston

Contact your local policing team, find opportunities to meet the team and view or contribute to community policing priorities for your area on the Avon and Somerset Constabulary webpage for Kingsweston, which covers Lawrence Weston.

Crime prevention

Advice on what you can do to prevent crime is on the Avon & Somerset Police website.

Crime map

See details of crime reported in the Kingsweston area on the POLICE.UK website.

Anti Social Behaviour (ASB)

Anti Social Behaviour (ASB) is behaviour that causes or is likely to cause harassment, alarm or distress. Please report all ASB witnessed by calling 101 or reporting onlineThere are many different types of anti-social behaviour including:

  • Nuisance neighbours (depending on the issue, this might be dealt with by the Council, see Noise section below)
  • People dealing and buying drugs on the street
  • Begging and anti-social drinking
  • Reckless driving of motorbikes
  • Prostitution
  • Intimidation/harassment
  • Vehicle related nuisance

Anti-social behaviour isn’t:

  • The sound of children playing
  • Everyday noises such as flushing toilets and closing doors
  • Minor personal disputes

More ASB guidance on the Bristol City Council website and Avon & Somerset Police website.

Noise complaints

See guidance on the Bristol City Council website for what to do if you have a noise problem near your home or at work, which you can’t sort out yourself.